Signals, information and intelligence processing define the topics for many researchers and scientists. Most of the scientific disciplines are dealing directly or indirectly with the processes of generation, transmission, perception and analysis of data. Engineers and computer scientists are essentially focusing on the technical aspects of signal processing, analysis, classification and recognition.
Many applications and products that have changed our life significantly have been a result of these activities. The homeland security market is open for further solutions and products.
Technologies of interest
State of the art technology and current activities in research are the starting point for the development of innovative products and their placement in the markets. A wide range of technologies are relevant:
- Signal sensors for different types of signals
- Solutions for the localization of electromagnetic emitters
- Radar - also including passive radar solutions
Processing and tracking
- Sensor data fusion
- Signal classification and pattern recognition
- Tracking of moving objects
- Demodulation, decoding and decryption
- Signal classification
- Speech recognition
- Speaker identification and speaker verification
- Language and topic identification
- Text analysis
- Content interpretation
- Biometric, physiological and forensic analysis procedures
Analysis and fusion
- Back office organization
- Data collection and storage
- Big data visualization and analytics
- Information fusion and aggregation.
Technology and the willingness to talk about technology transfer is attractive for the global security community.